Monday, April 13, 2015

I've got the Music in Me!

            Music creates a “Human experience.” It makes you feel things and connects you to other people, also called the illusion of life theory. I am very moved by music, and like to listen to it when I work out, feel sad, or just want to pump myself up for the day. Three of my favorite songs that I like to listen to when I am working on parts of my book (yes I am still writing it from 2 years ago, and it is taking forever) are All Fall Down by One Republic, and Finding North by The Civil Wars.. They get my in a more serious mood, and help me feel what I want my character to feel. I believe that this will help the readers feel what I want them to as well. Use the links below to listen if you'd like!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbSg41agfUg - Finding North
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf6hLhrHtqg -All Fall Down

           I like these songs because they do not sound like everything else on the radio. I definitely agree with Adorno and how standardized our music is. I actually don’t mind the standardization all the time though. I like that I can listen to a song and hear a verse, bridge, and a chorus. It helps me keep track. I do however agree that everything is starting to sound the same. I don’t even like listening to the radio anymore because it all sounds like the same pop/rock sound to me. Even one of my favorite bands Maroon 5 sound so pop to me, and I used to love them because of their unique sound. Even individual artists have songs that sound really similar. I will leave you with this example…. These songs by Beyoncé and Kelly Clarkson, for example, are basically the same aside from the words. Here is a compilation of both of them together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment